[plug] mozilla - attach file from command line

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Jul 25 16:26:16 WST 2003

Senile-post incoming:

Hmm.. found this:

914   // open a new compose window
915   else if (aArgument.EqualsIgnoreCase("composemessage")) {
916     /*
917      *  Here we change to OpenChromeWindow instead of OpenURL so as to
918      *  pass argument values to the compose window,
	 *  especially attachments
919      */
920     const char * composeLocation;
921     rv = GetComposeLocation(&composeLocation);
922     if (rv != NS_OK)
923       return NS_ERROR_FAILURE;
924
925     nsCOMPtr<nsIDOMWindow> newWindow;
926     rv = OpenChromeWindow(0, composeLocation,
		"chrome,all,dialog=no",
927             arg, getter_AddRefs(newWindow));
928   }

XRemoteService.cpp (
http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/xpfe/components/xremote/src/XRemoteService.cpp
) ... but I can't for the life of me figure out how to actually get it
to pass an attachment. Any chance I can call upon somebody to whom C++
is not semi-gibberish to decode how to pass an attachment? It is
suggested in the comments that it's possible...

Craig Ringer