[plug] Custom Knoppix or Custom CD Distro (IRC)

Weirdo linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Fri Jul 25 18:19:01 WST 2003

This doesn't seem to be what I want. I guess I want something that I can
build up on the hard drive and then burn to cd. Where I can select exactly
what apps I want on the system. Maybe a Debian install then burnt to cd
when I am satisfied with the results and after I have removed unnecessary
things like apt and sudo.
Also is there a way to use apt without installing it? That way I can do a
base install of Debian and install packages into the base install from my
main distro.
i.e. do base install in hdd, boot into main distro on hda. apt-get required
programs to hdd (chroot maybe?) Make ISO from hdd and make it bootable.
If anyone can point me to tutorials about this please do.
Thanks
Tim
p.s. As I don't have a burner in the Linux box I will need it to create and
ISO image.

weirdo at linuxalien.tk
Dot TK ambassador #24084 - For a free .tk domain please contact me

ICQ# 255176389
MSN weirdo at linuxalien.tk

Riverton, Perth, WA