[plug] Custom Knoppix or Custom CD Distro (IRC)

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Jul 25 19:09:16 WST 2003

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 09:58:33PM +0800, Weirdo wrote:
> I am looking for a Linux solution to the following problem.
[...]

It's more than possible, and Knoppix would be a better base to work from
than most. Check out the remastering FAQ:
http://knoppix.net/docs/

You can cut it down as far as you like, perhaps starting the IRC client
from a very spartan chroot as a user that owns no files. You haven't
mentioned anything about physical security - it doesn't sound like
you've got any plans to prevent people popping the CD out or turning
the machines off and on... It's probably a good idea to unplug the the
internal hard drives if you won't be needing them.

As to whether someone's going to volunteer to actually do your long
list of requirements for you... hmmm.

> Thanks
> Tim
> p.s. just in case your wondering whats its for its for the Beeloo district
> to participate in JOTI ;)

Aha! http://www.joti.org/

Nick.

--
   Nick Bannon   | "I made this letter longer than usual because
nick-sig at rcpt.to | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal