[plug] re: urpmi

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Fri Jul 25 19:11:12 WST 2003

I would like to know how to get urpmi.update to update packages on a MD system.  I issued the following:
# irpmi.update
I go the following message:
No RPM-s found! Cowardly refusing to add /mnt/cdrom/Mandrake/RPMS to urpmi DB.
What I gather is this is looking for the CD.  However, I do not want it looking for the CD, instead I want it to look for a web-based rpm repository.
Also I would like to know if available the location for a rpm repository.

Thanks

Jon L. Miller, MCNE, CNS
Director/Sr Systems Consultant
MMT Networks Pty Ltd
http://www.mmtnetworks.com.au

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure
 is trying to please everybody." -Bill Cosby