[plug] Custom Knoppix or Custom CD Distro (IRC)

Weirdo linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jul 26 10:29:40 WST 2003

LTSP is something I would like to look at when I have time and patience. I
have read some of the HOWTOs already and although they seem to be a good
method it takes time to set up the server and isn't very scaleable for this
situation. (Eventually we want a server cd and client cd sent out to all
participating groups etc.)
I will look at customizing Knoppix.
I was wondering if I could build Linux from a base Debian install and then
make that into a bootable ISO. That way I could have all the scripts and
programs and nothing else. I will look at the su user -c for starting
things as that may work.
Thanks
Tim

weirdo at linuxalien.tk
Dot TK ambassador #24084 - For a free .tk domain please contact me

ICQ# 255176389
MSN weirdo at linuxalien.tk

Riverton, Perth, WA