[plug] [OT] eMule (Network analysis info required)

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Tue Jul 29 14:47:14 WST 2003

Derek Fountain wrote:

>>What about the speed that eMule is uploading at?  By default it will use
>>as much of your uplink as it can get its hands on.
>>

>It's set at (and appears to be using) a 12KB limit on a 16KB total. That seems
>about right for a 128Kb uplink doesn't it?

I'm guessing thats 512/128 ADSL you're using?

If so, with overheads, you only effectively get 12k/sec upstream on
standard 512K/128K ADSL in my experience so you're basically saturating
all of your upstream.  I'd try limiting eMule to use an upload of say
10k/sec and see if your download speeds are any better as a result.

/ Ben