[plug] Reminder: Next meeting - Wed 4thJune 2003 (today), featuring OpenOffice with Jacqueline McNally

Tom Hallam thallam at ee.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jun 4 11:51:56 WST 2003

Fellow FirstWednesdayians,

Hopefully you have kept the next "first Wednesday" free for another
meeting.  We have a guest!  Jacqueline McNally is a talented individual
who has agreed to come to our meeting and make a presentation on
OpenOffice, the open-source multi-platform international office suite.

Before the meeting, you can find more information about OpenOffice from
the OpenOffice.org web site:

   http://www.openoffice.org/

A brief abstract from Jacqueline will be circulated soon.  Meanwhile,
here are the details for the next meeting:

   VENUE: the Moon & Sixpence pub, Murray St Perth
   DATE:  Wednesday, 4th June 2003
   TIME:  6pm for a 6.30pm talk
   WHO:   yourself and any other interested parties
   COST:  We may ask for a donation to cover costs.

The Moon & Sixpence pub is on the north side of Murray Street and near
the corner of William and Murray Streets.  It is part of the Allendale
Square complex, which also includes Bobby Dazzler's and Horsefeathers.
Parking is available on the street (along Murray, King, Queen, and
Wellington Streets) but is generally only the province of the extremely
lucky.  Paid parking is available in several car parks along Murray
Street, Wellington Street and elsewhere in the City.

A note on the cost: while the meeting itself is free (we may ask for
donations as we currently do not have a sponsor to cover costs), the
beer at the bar isn't, and you can expect to pay the usual metro rates
of around $6 per pint for beer (it is good beer).  If you know anyone
who owes you beer, encourage them to come along too, as a cost-saving
exercise.  Food will be provided in the form of sandwiches, but they
tend to evaporate quite quickly so if you're feeling peckish you can
order some food from the bar.  (Their meals are pretty good.)

If you have any questions, please contact myself or one of the highly
esteemed members of the Get-Out-And-Push Committee (formerly known as
the Steering Committee).  =)

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew at neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."