[plug] gdk_window_set_back_pixmap tiling

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Jun 5 16:30:10 WST 2003

Hi all

I'm running into a bit of a gtk/gdk issue and I was hoping someone here
might be able to point me in the right direction.

I'm presently trying to modify a tool that sets the root window image so
that it can place an image centered on the root window instead of tiled.
I'm having an apalling time looking for documentation on the function
calls its using, gdk_window_set_back_pixmap and gdk_imlib_render .

Does /anybody/ know if there's some documentation on this out there that
goes beyond the primitives in the header files? I haven't found any yet.

The problem is basically that it insists on tiling the image and placing
it with top-left at 0x0. If there's a way to render a GdkPixmap to the
root window w/o tiling it, I'd be delighted to hear it.

Craig Ringer