[plug] irony as in anvil (was: LinuxTag)

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Sun Jun 8 21:16:19 WST 2003

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003 21:07, Leon Brooks wrote:
>     The kit contains C and C++ compilers, extensive Java 2
>     development tools and popular Open Source tools, so developers
>     can choose the right set of tools for their environment.

B'ain't nothin' in comparison with:

    http://www.sco.com/products/openunix/lkp/faq.html

    What is the Linux Kernel Personality?

    [...]

    The LKP feature in Open UNIX 8 represents a significant milestone
    in SCO's commitment to unify UNIX with Linux for business.

    [...]

    Open UNIX 8 combines the freedom and flexibility of Linux with
    the proven reliability of UNIX systems to create the business
    platform that frees you from vendor lock-in. [Suuuure... :-]

    [...]

    We have added the Linux kernel functions into the Open UNIX 8
    kernel.

Now I know that's fine from a technical perspective, and so do you, but
if SCO get a dodo for a judge, this kind of thing is not going to go
down well if quoted in court. The judge is going to want to know why
it's OK for SCO to build Linux into their products, but not vice versa.
And I suspect that SCO's lawyers will be at least temporarily stuck for
an answer. (-:

Cheers; Leon