[plug] slightly off-topic: wget under cygwin

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Mon Jun 9 12:18:33 WST 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 11:27, David Buddrige wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have installed cygwin on my windows 2000 box to make it slightly more
> bearable.  Anyway, I am trying to use wget under this program.  Here is the
> command line I am using:
>

> $ wget -e http_proxy="http://perproxy:80" --proxy=on --proxy-user=myusername
>  --proxy-passwd=mypassword --no-parent --mirror http://somewebsite
>
> And here is the results:
>

>  --11:25:10--  http://somewebsite
>           => `somewebsite/index.html'
> Resolving perproxy... done.
> Connecting to perproxy[128.129.233.25]:80... connected.
> Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 407 Proxy authentication required
> 11:25:11 ERROR 407: Proxy authentication required.
>

> FINISHED --11:25:11--
> Downloaded: 0 bytes in 0 files
>
> BuddrigeD at PER00189 /cygdrive/d/downloads
> $
>
> Does anyone know what the problem is and how to resolve it?
>
> thanks
>
> David.

Do you know what software the proxy server is running ??? If it is an MS
Proxy then the problem is most likely due to the encryption algorithm
used by it. If it is a squid proxy then what you have done should work.

For the MS Proxy authentication problem a solution can be found here:

http://apserver.sourceforge.net/

which I have used in the past.

Hope some of this helps.

Michael Hunt