[plug] slightly off-topic: wget under cygwin

David Buddrige buddrige at wasp.net.au
Mon Jun 9 11:27:07 WST 2003

Hi all,

I have installed cygwin on my windows 2000 box to make it slightly more
bearable.  Anyway, I am trying to use wget under this program.  Here is the
command line I am using:

$ wget -e http_proxy="http://perproxy:80" --proxy=on --proxy-user=myusername
 --proxy-passwd=mypassword --no-parent --mirror http://somewebsite

And here is the results:

 --11:25:10--  http://somewebsite
          => `somewebsite/index.html'
Resolving perproxy... done.
Connecting to perproxy[128.129.233.25]:80... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 407 Proxy authentication required
11:25:11 ERROR 407: Proxy authentication required.

FINISHED --11:25:11--
Downloaded: 0 bytes in 0 files

BuddrigeD at PER00189 /cygdrive/d/downloads
$

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to resolve it?

thanks

David.