[plug] PLUG talks

Tony Breeds magni at plug.linux.org.au
Wed Jun 11 11:25:16 WST 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 10:11:23AM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:

> There isn't some kind of preprocessor, that can translate an old,
> complicated, ipchains firewall script, to an iptables script, is there ?

I don't think there is but you can load the ipchains module, and then
run your script.  You'll lose the "cool" features of iptables but you
can migrate to a 2.4 kernel without fear of having to recode your old
complicated firewall.

If you comment the script then the translation itself shouldn't be too
hard.  esp, if you have a "sample" box you can test it on.

Yours Tony

        Linux.Conf.AU       http://conf.linux.org.au/
        Jan 12-17 2004      The Australian Linux Technical Conference!