OT: decommissioned, was Re: Re: [plug] re: RAID5 & Hot Spares

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Jun 12 15:02:10 WST 2003

>> Ever used a 486 with 16mb of RAM running win95?
>>
> ....with Netscape 4, anti-virus software running in the background and
> that dodgy ICS program iShare..... argh!!!!  You've done it now Craig...
> bringing back bad memories now :o(

?!?
They run netscape 4? Only out of (5400-rpm-if-you're-lucky,
no-DMA-to-speak-of) swap, I fear.

These ones have a really hard time displaying 400x300 JPEGs, and take
forever for Eudora 3 to download a 1mb email attachment.

The staff love the new P100s that we're putting in :-) ... gotta love
low staff expectations. The fact that they're thin clients for a dual
Xeon sure doesn't hurt, though...

Craig