[plug] It has got to me.

Laurie Anderson vautin at aijv.com.au
Fri Jun 13 11:49:52 WST 2003

   Hi,
   This I hope makes more sense than my precious message.

    Good morning it was when I started, another great day, a bit nippy though,
    Trying to set up a new gateway machine on a Prosignia 500.
    the current gatway machine is running out of time.
    Having a few problems getting it together.

             -----------------------------------
    The "resolv.conf" file on the clone shows  --
    this is the current gateway machine.

            nameserver 202.0.184.5
            nameserver 202.0.184.10

    The "resolv.conf" file on the Prosignia shows  --

     search vautin

    If I make the "resolv.conf" file on the Prosignia the same as that on
    the clone "ping" works.

             -----------------------------------
    The "interfaces" file on the Prosignia shows  ---

    # /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

    # The loopback interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback

    # The first network card - this entry was created during the Debian instalation
    # (network, broadcast and gateway are optional)
    auto eth0
    iface eth0 inet static
            address 192.168.0.12
            netmask 255.255.255.0
            network 192.168.0.0
            broadcast 192.168.0.255
            gateway 192.168.0.1

            ------------------------------------
     The "/etc/ppp/peers/indigo" file on the Prosignia shows

     # This optionfile was generated by pppconfig 2.0.10.
     #
     #
     hide-password
     noauth
     connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/chatscripts/indigo"
     debug
     /dev/tty0
    115200
    defaultroute
    noipdefault
    user vautin
    remotename indigo
    ipparam indigo

    usepeerdns

   The WEB connection is as yet not up & running
   The main aim is to get the Prosignia talking to WEB.
   What else have I missed???

   Getting there slowly  -- thanks.

   Laurie