[plug] Linux security idea - maybe

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Fri Jun 13 12:20:03 WST 2003

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 12:02:01PM +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> >And what's the passphrase for _that_? (-:
>
> I know, I know - single point of failure and all.

What I've seen paranoid people do, and I'd probably do if I had a
front-side USB port (and a bit of cash to spare!) is get one of
those keyring USB drives - put your gpg secret key onto it, and plug
it in when you need to sign or decrypt something.

And with even more money, have a second one with the gpg-encrypted
file of passphrases (meaning you'd need 2 free USB ports to read it
:)

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham