[plug] where I can get ....

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sat Jun 14 11:15:31 WST 2003

On 14 Jun 2003 07:27:25 +0800 William Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Anyone know where I can get some quality 2200uf, 6.3v electrolytic
> capacitors in Perth on a Saturday?  DS and Altronics dont stock them, RS
> does but is not open.

The type of capacitor is important. Low ESR is needed for the switchmode
supplies on a motherboard. If you have an RS or Farnell catalogue (Farnell
have a better range) then look at the Low ESR electrolytics. Also check the
lead spacing for ease of replacement.

If you get stuck, email the lead spacing and all the details on the blistered
parts and I'll see if I can give you some RS or Farnell part numbers (not until
late today tho').

All the best
Harry

--
linux.conf.au 2004		The Australian Linux Technical Conference
http://lca2004.linux.org.au/	12-17 January 2004, Adelaide, South Australia

Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/