[plug] where I can get ....

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 14 11:47:45 WST 2003

RS have the right ones, but to get there during the week is problematic
for me - hence wanting a place thats open today - or I will have to make
time.  I also dont want the machine offline for too long, as well as
wanting to fix it before a possibly more catastrophic failure (e.g.,
disks, memory, ... when it eventually blows and ...

I also suspect that the board is multilayer (its around the cpu), and as
I dont have access to the vacuum desoldering tools I used to use,
chances of destroying the board is a possibility anyway - if this
happens, I will just replace it and go on - the board has some good
points, but has never been really stable for me.  Just a shame that a
few cents on ~$12 retail worth of components is the root cause.

BillK

--
Bill Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au>