[plug] accessing a NT folder

Ryan ryan at is.as.geeky.as
Sun Jun 15 21:13:50 WST 2003

On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 20:13, Jon Miller wrote:
> Is there another method of accessing a NT folder without using samba.  I
> need to copy a file from the Linux server to the NT server.  Using wget
> works from NT to Linux but what solution can do the reverse?  I would
> think Ftp is an option as long as it can be done from within a script.
> Would like to hear other solutions if possible.

rsync and unison will do it unattended and both have windows binaries.
Running a unison server listening on the NT box would allow you to
schedule the transfer from Linux - or do it the other way around - which
is just plain boring :)

rsync i haven't played with involving windows, but for unison, you can
run 'unison -socket 1234' in a cmd window and then hit it with the
unison Linux client.  By looking at the man page for all of 5 seconds
you'll discover the 2 switches that make it truely unattended.

You could also scp the file from an ssh server on the Linux box.

FTP could also do it in an automated way - although my example is linux
client based, it possibly still applies:

 http://slowest.net/docs/howtos/ftp/auto-ftp.html

Ryan