[plug] accessing a NT folder

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Mon Jun 16 19:33:50 WST 2003

In message <000001c333f9$eca2a060$1413060a at minimine>
on Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 07:24:58PM +0800, John Usher wrote:
> A few options off the top of my head:

You are right...there are many options. But the well-worn ones are
hardly obsure -- wasn't his problem trivial? I mean, he'd be doing it
every time he visited a web site served by Linux using a browser running
under Windows. If I understood it correctly, Jon's problem was that he
had some files on a Linux machine and wanted to get them over to an NT
machine via a script. The NT machine didn't have wget and the Linux
machine couldn't run Samba, so he didn't know what to do. The
common-place solutions would be to run an SSH daemon or an HTTP daemon
or an FTP daemon or an SMB daemon or and NFS daemon or a...as you said,
there are many options...and have the corresponding command-line client
on the NT machine.