[plug] accessing a NT folder

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jun 17 14:28:56 WST 2003

Hi,

In message <1055829184.8769.8.camel at abbey>
on Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 01:53:24PM +0800, Andrew Pamment wrote:
> Alternativly, perhaps, everyone could offer suggestions, even if they
> are obscure, because, while it may not help the question asker, it may
> help someone of future generations who searches the archives seeking
> that exact answer.

I'm not sure if you were addressing someone specifically (because
multiple people were quoted in your e-mail). But if you were addressing
me, I don't remember asking anyone to stop suggesting things, nor
"having a go at" anyone that gave an answer recently (granted, there was
that thing about Frankenstein, but I prefaced that clearly and added a
smiley to make sure there was no impression that I was in any way
ridiculing the poster). I wasn't going to add any more to this thread,
because there's really nothing I can say that couldn't be somehow
portrayed as "having a go at" someone. But I'm getting the impression
that people sometimes try to "read between the lines" and draw
unintended inferences from my posts. Once, I received the feedback that
I'd tried telling people not to post questions from their work
addresses---even though my original e-mail contained no such statements
and, moreover, contained statements that were specifically to the
contrary.