[plug] accessing a NT folder

Andrew Pamment pamment at iinet.net.au
Tue Jun 17 17:05:41 WST 2003

James Devenish wrote:

>Hi,
>
>In message <1055829184.8769.8.camel at abbey>
>on Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 01:53:24PM +0800, Andrew Pamment wrote:
>

>>Alternativly, perhaps, everyone could offer suggestions, even if they
>>are obscure, because, while it may not help the question asker, it may
>>help someone of future generations who searches the archives seeking
>>that exact answer.
>>

>I'm not sure if you were addressing someone specifically (because
>multiple people were quoted in your e-mail). But if you were addressing

Hmm. I didn't explicitly quote anyone.. you weren't reading between the
lines were you :-)

>me, I don't remember asking anyone to stop suggesting things, nor
>"having a go at" anyone that gave an answer recently (granted, there was

No you didn't say "stop suggesting things"  I do think you could have
worded your email better.. did you need to reply to John's email? Could
you just have made your suggestions to the person who asked the
question? Seems that you replyed defencivley to my email would suggest
you felt guilty...

>ridiculing the poster). I wasn't going to add any more to this thread,
>because there's really nothing I can say that couldn't be somehow
>portrayed as "having a go at" someone. But I'm getting the impression

Well.. great.

>that people sometimes try to "read between the lines" and draw

like you did to my post..

Perhaps I shouldn't have bothered to post on this thread. Your email
replying to John's email although didn't say "stop suggesting things"
did seem to put him down and I thought that was inappropriate. This is a
public forum, and the posts are archived.

I am well aware that I am not very good at wording posts, which is the
reason I don't post very often anymore. I have upset people in the past
and I don't want to do it again. If you are going to post regularly, I
think it would be wise to word your emails a bit better.

Does it matter? Not really.. it's your group, the quality of this list
is entirely up to it's members.

Andrew