[plug] ip aliasing in Mandrake 9.1

Scott Middleton scott at LinuxIT.com.au
Wed Jun 18 20:24:33 WST 2003

This may seem like an easy question to some people but I can't figure it
out too easily.
Being a Debianite I know how to ip alias its as simple as adding it to
/etc/network/interfaces but in Mandrake it is not apparent.

WestNet has graciously given me a subnet of WAIX ip addresses for
testing on their new layer2 ADSL at home. I have configured my Debian
Sarge gateway to work but i can't figure out how to setup my Mandrake
9.1 workstation other than manually.
ie
ipconfig eth0:0 172.x.x.x netmask 255.255.255.248
route add -net 172.x.x.x/29 gw 172.x.x.x

I guess this shows my complete ignorance of Mandrake/Redhat but a bit of
instruction would be cool :)

Regards

--
Linux Information Technology