[plug] ip aliasing in Mandrake 9.1

Dean Holland speedster at westnet.com.au
Wed Jun 18 20:55:18 WST 2003

I'm sure there's a better way, but how I do it is under
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts copy the ifcfg-eth0 to ifcfg-eth0:0 and
change the parameters for the interface.

To setup the route create a file /etc/sysconfig/static-routes
In it should go

eth0 net 172.x.x.x netmask 255.255.255.248 gw 172.x.x.x

Regards
Dean