[plug] php4 libpng seg fault

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Fri Jun 20 11:27:59 WST 2003

Hi all,

Writing software that depends on other people is not my idea of fun
today. In attempting to work out why my PHP script wasn't opening up a
PNG, I came across the following:

libpng warning: Application was compiled with png.h from libpng-1.2.5
libpng warning: Application  is  running with png.c from libpng-1.0.15
gd-png:  fatal libpng error: Incompatible libpng version in application
and library
Segmentation fault

Searching the net tells me that this problem has existed - with
different versions - since August last year. Debian bug track lists a
few bugs with no followup. Dates are ludicrous...

Can anyone tell me how to fix this - without requiring a total
re-compile and re-install.

I'm running Debian Testing...

Kind regards,

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 from S33:37'33" - E115:07'30" (Dunsborough, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..