[plug] Gentoo vs [insert ur fav distro here]

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 20 12:31:26 WST 2003

There wouldn't be too much of a noticeable speed increase on an Athlon kind
of machine, anything around 800Mhz (at a guess) and over won't be quite as
notieable, but try running a binary built KDE 3 on a K62-350 and compare it
to a source built one, bit of a difference. ;) MPlasyer has major difference
though, provided the optmisation worked properly.

Make lunch, not war.