[plug] linux4imac?

Jan Hurst 30263334 at student.murdoch.edu.au
Fri Jun 20 16:38:33 WST 2003

Hi,

> Looks like a nice website.  Means nothing to me though.  If
> someone knows
> what to call the linux instal cds for an imac could they tell
> me please, that would be a start.

I have installed gentoo linux onto both an imac and a g3 laptop.

macs just use a different boot loader to pc's, so usually they require a
different cd image.

have a look at :

www.gentoo.org - gentoo website

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-ppc-install.xml - install guide for
mac's

beware, gentoo is not for the faint of heart, you WILL be compiling your
own software which can be a little confusing and time consuming. (if you
succeed in an installation, look for and follow the desktop config guide
on the gentoo site)

HTH

-jan