[plug] temporary gateway

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 22 07:50:23 WST 2003

I am trying to set up an old machine as a temporary gateway.  However,
when ppp comes up, the internal lan on a isa bus card disappears.  I
think this is more a hardware issue than a firewall etc. An occasional
packet, often corrupt will get through on a continuous ping (3% of ~3000
packets)

Some time ago (a year or two) someone (Leon?)suggested IRQ's as being a
possible cause, but I never followed it up.  Does anyone have any ideas
on how to get this working?   The lan performerance is quite good for
10M coax - until ppp comes up!

BillK