[plug] kernel, nvidia, debian woody

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 22 17:08:50 WST 2003

G'day all,
I'm a recent Debian convert, using Woody (I'll upgrade KDE later). I'm
having problems with installing drivers and the kernel though, I've
extracted the package to /usr/src (the 2.4.18 package on cd 1), and madea
symbolic link to /usr/src/linux, I'm ont too sure what to do after that
though..

I've tried make oldconfig and make dep, for use with alsa 0.9 and I'm trying
to install the nvidia drivers at the moment, whih are trying to build their
own, but give out an error abou the kernel headers not being installed
properly. Does anyone have some guidelines or a howto on exactly how to
configure them properly so that they will be up ad running properly?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated, as this is a new world for me. ;)

Cheers all!

Make lunch, not war.