[plug] [ot] Westnet outage

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Jun 24 00:09:32 WST 2003

> Last night at around 23:30 my router lost sync five times in the space
> of ten minutes...no traffic at all after that. I've never had sync
> drop out like that before either.
> Gave it a cold reboot and that didn't help, wasn't working all day
> today until I hit the software reset switch and reconfigured
> it...strange.

No problems here (Rivervale) - I'm also on WestNet.

If you have a D-Link DSL-300 ... well,  I only got my DSL service to
work properly (stay connected reliably and maintain line sync) after
arranging for the replacement of the supplied DSL-300 with an Alcatel
SpeedTouch Pro. I suspect the SpeedTouch simply deals with line issues
better - Rivervale is one of those areas where sometimes phone lines can
be a bit iffy.

Craig