[plug] urpmi problem?

Mark marks at omninet.net.au
Fri Jun 27 09:18:01 WST 2003

Hi all,

I have not used urpmi before.
After following replys to the mandrake 9.0 upgrade question I tried.

urpmi.addmedia --update pmupd \
http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/linux/mandrake/updates/9.0/RPMS \
with ../base/hdlist.cz

...and later got

Downloaded: 4,470,311 bytes in 1 files
retrieve of source hdlist (or synthesis) failed
no hdlist file found for medium "pmupd"
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.pmupd.cz]
problem reading synthesis file of medium "pmupd"
unable to update medium "pmupd"

Any one else had this problem with            planetmirror
Before I try this again has the download failed or is it more likely
to be a problem my end.

There looked to be some problems with the existing removeable media.
Whats the best way to fix this.
Can I remove urpmi and re install or rebuild the config files some how.

Mark