[plug] urpmi problem?

Richard Meyer meyerri at au1.ibm.com
Fri Jun 27 09:48:13 WST 2003

Hi Mark,

Don't know what your problem is, but I set it up according to the following
stuff I got from Scott Middleton - it worked for me.

RichardM

>Being an apt-getter myself it wasn't obvious to me either
>go to this URL
>http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/urpmiweb.php
>It can't get much easier.

>Sorry forgot to say.
>To update: urpmi.update updates (or whatever you called it eg
>"urpmi.update main")
>to upgrade packages : urpmi --auto-select

>I did it last night at home for the first time and it needed 88MB so be
>ready.

----- Forwarded by Richard Meyer/Australia/Contr/IBM on 27/06/2003 09:44 AM
-----

                      Mark
                      <marks at omninet.ne        To:       PLUG <plug at plug.linux.org.au>
                      t.au>                    cc:
                                               Subject:  [plug] urpmi problem?
                      27/06/2003 09:18
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      plug

Hi all,

I have not used urpmi before.
After following replys to the mandrake 9.0 upgrade question I tried.

urpmi.addmedia --update pmupd \
http://public.planetmirror.com/pub/linux/mandrake/updates/9.0/RPMS \
with ../base/hdlist.cz

...and later got

Downloaded: 4,470,311 bytes in 1 files
retrieve of source hdlist (or synthesis) failed
no hdlist file found for medium "pmupd"
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.pmupd.cz]
problem reading synthesis file of medium "pmupd"
unable to update medium "pmupd"

Any one else had this problem with            planetmirror
Before I try this again has the download failed or is it more likely
to be a problem my end.

There looked to be some problems with the existing removeable media.
Whats the best way to fix this.
Can I remove urpmi and re install or rebuild the config files some how.

Mark