[plug] urpmi problem?

Mark marks at omninet.net.au
Fri Jun 27 11:04:01 WST 2003

Richard Meyer wrote:

>Hi Mark,
>
>Don't know what your problem is, but I set it up according to the following
>stuff I got from Scott Middleton - it worked for me.
>
>RichardM

Hi Richard

Have tried this site before and other mirrors in the past.

I tried reseting with   urpmi.removemedia -a

I  get the same error.

urpmi.addmedia contrib
ftp://ftp.cs.ucr.edu/pub/mirrors/mandrake/Mandrake-old/9.0/contrib/RPMS
with ../../i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz
added medium contrib
retrieving description file of "contrib"...
...retrieving done
retrieving source hdlist (or synthesis) of "contrib"...
--10:14:30--
ftp://ftp.cs.ucr.edu/pub/mirrors/mandrake/Mandrake-old/9.0/i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz
           =>
`/var/cache/urpmi/partial/ftp.cs.ucr.edu/pub/mirrors/mandrake/Mandrake-old/9.0/i586/Mandrake/base/.listing'
Resolving ftp.cs.ucr.edu... done.
Connecting to ftp.cs.ucr.edu[138.23.169.15]:21... connected.
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done.    ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done.  ==> CWD
/pub/mirrors/mandrake/Mandrake-old/9.0/i586/Mandrake/base ... done.
==> PASV ... done.    ==> LIST ... done.

    [
<=>
] 1,469          6.26K/s

10:14:36 (6.26 KB/s) -
`/var/cache/urpmi/partial/ftp.cs.ucr.edu/pub/mirrors/mandrake/Mandrake-old/9.0/i586/Mandrake/base/.listing'
saved [1469]

Removed
`/var/cache/urpmi/partial/ftp.cs.ucr.edu/pub/mirrors/mandrake/Mandrake-old/9.0/i586/Mandrake/base/.listing'.
--10:14:36--
ftp://ftp.cs.ucr.edu/pub/mirrors/mandrake/Mandrake-old/9.0/i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz
           =>
`/var/cache/urpmi/partial/ftp.cs.ucr.edu/pub/mirrors/mandrake/Mandrake-old/9.0/i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz'
==> CWD not required.
==> PASV ... done.    ==> RETR hdlist2.cz ... done.
Length: 6,581,870

100%[========================================================================================================================>]
6,581,870      2.77K/s    ETA 00:00

10:53:15 (2.77 KB/s) -
`/var/cache/urpmi/partial/ftp.cs.ucr.edu/pub/mirrors/mandrake/Mandrake-old/9.0/i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz'
saved [6581870]

FINISHED --10:53:15--
Downloaded: 6,581,870 bytes in 1 files
retrieve of source hdlist (or synthesis) failed
no hdlist file found for medium "contrib"
examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.contrib.cz]
problem reading synthesis file of medium "contrib"
unable to update medium "contrib"