[plug] SuSE8.2 patches

Milan Pospisil Milan.Pospisil at swantafe.wa.edu.au
Fri Jun 27 11:30:01 WST 2003

Hi folks,
              After some brave attempts to modify my SuSE 8.2 installation and the following consequences I have decided to reinstall the whole system over the weekend. During the installation one of the options available is to install the patches from SuSE website which might take some considerable time as there are quite a few of them. Do I necessarily need all of the patches available and if not which ones shall I choose to download and how do they actually work after having been downloaded? Do they find their place and purpose in the system and do whatever they are supposed to do by themselves automaticaly, or do they get downloaded and stay dormant waiting for further instuctions to be activated?  Any answer would be greatly appreciated.
                                                                                                                                           Thanks
                                                                                                                                                        Milan Pospisil