[plug] Migrate HDD on headless server

Weirdo linuxalien at optusnet.com.au
Sat Jun 28 09:47:54 WST 2003

I am currently running my debian server on a 400mb HDD with 10mb free. I
have a 2Gb drive that I want to replace the 400 with. The server is
headless and doesn't accept graphics cards (part of the MB is bung and it
will boot up graphicly 1 out 30 times.) I can probably put the hdd in as
slave, i can't remeber if the BIOS is set to AUTO but Linux will see it any
way. I need instructions for copying / to the new drive and resizing it to
a new size. Then I need to make it bootable etc...
I don't need a swap partition although it currently has one. I will have to
do all this over ssh.
Thanks
Tim

weirdo at linuxalien.tk
Dot TK ambassador #24084 - For a free .tk domain please contact me

ICQ# 255176389
MSN weirdo at linuxalien.tk

Riverton, Perth, WA