[plug] [OT] Irix

Dion tenzero at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 5 17:36:16 WST 2003

Apparently the support for mips on embedded projects is very good.
However for all of the SGI products, there isn't enough information in
the wild to write drivers for their video hardware.  I would love to
pick up an Octane with an R12000 or 14000 and put linux on it.  But it
would be disappointing to not be able to use that optimised open gl
hardware.

There was a posting on SLUG (where I lurked/still lurk, before I found
out about PLUG)  from a guy saying that an announcement about linux on
SGI hardware was not far away. He seemed to be in the know, but never
responded to any emails I sent. I will see if I can find the thread.

D.

--
"Never ascribe to malice that which may adequately be explained by incompetence." - Napoleon Bonaparte