[plug] Secure samba shares possible over the net?

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Thu Mar 6 15:57:43 WST 2003

Hi All

One of my users (that I trust) wants to access samba shares from home
(ie dialup, dynamic IP address). I have Mandrake 9.0, Samba and
shorewall running on the server, all going nicely over the LAN, but
I'm a little worried about opening a hole in the firewall.

Can anyone point me in the direction of security issues in this
situation?

Thanks

Steve

--
'What is worth doing and what is worth having?'
I would like to say simply this.