[plug] [OT] Them sounds like fighting words..

Ben Jensz jensz at wn.com.au
Thu Mar 6 11:06:54 WST 2003

Can you believe the audacity of Steve Ballmer to say this about Linux:

    Linux, which is emerging as one of Microsoft's main competitive
    threats, was a "hobbyist product", he said.

    "It has Unix roots," he said. "Unix has had historic strength, but
    at the end of the day I'm sure we can out-innovate and deliver sort
    of a better solution than the work of a bunch of unco-ordinated
    hobbyists."

 From this AustralianIT article:
http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,6069416%5E15316%5E%5Enbv%5E15306,00.html

MS Innovation, stealing ideas from competitors and getting away with it
in the courts.[tm]

/ Ben