[plug] X-Windows Debian Woody

indy at THE-TECH.MIT.EDU indy at THE-TECH.MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 6 11:37:18 WST 2003

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 02:08:37PM +1100, Anne Busby wrote:
> I have just installed Debian Woody - 2.4 kernel.
>
> While it boots ok and starts x-windows, if I swap of
> the 'F7' screen to one of the others, when I swap back
> the monitor just displays 'Going to Sleep' and does
> not recognise that anything is on that 'screen'.
>
> I did not have the problem running red-hat 7.3.
>
> Any ideas on what is happening ??

Not as such, I too am running Woody with 2.4 and I can
Ctrl-Alt-F1 then Ctrl-Alt-F7 without trouble.

so : some questions:

Can you login to the console session?
If you can, when you do ps x can you see the processes
for your xwindows stuff?

which of xdm/kdm/gdm are you using?

Indy.

--