OT: Re: [plug] Linus approves bombing civilians in stupid war?

Mark O'Shea mark at tarbuck.nosignal.org
Fri Mar 7 22:56:16 WST 2003

Yes, trying to stop anyone from using linux just because we disagree
with what they are doing with it (however stongly) is just shooting
ourselves in the foot.  Quoting www.kernel.org:
"The continued freedom to create and use free software is always in
danger. Unfortunately, some interests seem to use the tragic events of
September 11, 2001 as an excuse for wide-ranging infringement on civil
liberties, some of which may threaten the very ability to create free
software at all."

Let's not help them out with denying out freedom.  IMO your efforts are
better spent protesting directly against the war in an effort to wear away
the resolve of George Dubya Bush (and his loyal puppies).

I also refuse to fuck off.

Mark