[plug] being mugged en route to seminar (was: March Notice)

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Mon Mar 10 18:08:45 WST 2003

> On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 04:53:30PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> > On Monday 10 March 2003 04:02 pm, Andrew Pamment wrote:
> > > Also is it a bad idea for one to walk to the wellington street bus
station
> > > from the tafe afterwards by one's self?
> >
> > Depends. How big are your breasts? <g/d/r>
>
> This kind of crap is really sad to see..
>
> So to balance.. I am concerned about walking in the dark as well,
> I can only guess your response to my worry would be to ask
> about the size of my cock ?

Kim, did you notice how Leon used the word breasts and not tits ? in that
case you should've used the word penis instead of the word cock...but I
think he's right, being attacked when walking to Perth central train station
at night has a factor increase if you're not of the male gender and you
have, erm, how can you say the word " breast" without offending anyone ????
would you prefer I reffered to them as mammaries (sp?)
I have often walked from St Georges Terrace to the train station at 22:50 to
get the 23:00 train home from work and unfortunately females are usually
chosen as targets, not males, don't ask me why 'cause I didn't do it.

> > If you were a vulnerable-looking femme or prone to wearing expensive
clothes

> And perhaps you can explain what a "vulnerable-looking femme" is ?

Far out, lighten up...that was a generalisation.
Considering the people who hang around the train station, "vulnerable" would
be nearly any female, or, for that matter, anyone else who looks at someone
else sideways....

> Yes I feel upset when I see comments made in public by people
> who are generally held in high regards in the community and thus
> can and do influence others thoughts.
>
> Joking or not, it simply perpetuates sexist crap I thought/hoped was
> actually dying out..  if not in general society at least in this
> community..

Sexism will never die when there are always extremists in some form or
another.

> Kimberly Shelt
> NON vulnerable FEMME

cc'd to off-topic so the childish bickering can continue there....