[plug] redirecting url's

Darren dylnx at westnet.com.au
Mon Mar 10 22:07:17 WST 2003

Thanks for all the info regarding this it looks like ill have to pay
either dyndns or wn to achieve what i want to do with the redirection.
   is it possible to forward all packets or only ports needed  to
another webserver connected directly to my adsl modem (alcatel speed
touch with inbuilt hub ) using nat commands , bypassing the
server-gateway and internal network so when there is a problem with the
main server i could connect to the modem make the changes and then take
the main server out for repair ?i have another pc that i use for testing
etc which runs a complete backup of the forum etc from the main server.
    if i pay to registar a domain do i get to assign the nameservers
?how does that part of the process work ?
im struggling to understand this whole area .
thanks
Darren