[plug] tricksy email and strange attachments

Lineone nicholls.m at lineone.net
Tue Mar 11 03:12:23 WST 2003

Subject: Re: [plug] tricksy email and strange attachments

> > An hour ago it received a posting  "allegedly" from
> > on of the handful of people that are allowed to post
> > to this  list (it's a highly regulated news
> > announcement list). But the subject was "Sexy
> > Japanese Girls Photos" or something like that and it
> > came with a file "press.scr".
>
> I seem to recall that Klez uses a subject along those
> lines (among others), and 121K (mentioned in your
> later post) does sound right.

Ho Hum, another month, another LookOut virus.

The BBLUG Mailman filters have picked up about 10 copies of 'Gibe' since
yesterday...

Interesting that this one poses as a "Security update from Microsoft".
Oh, the irony...

* I simply had to forward this from another LUG, - an ode to the strength
and virtue of mailman.