Linux innovations? [was Re: [plug] [OT] An interesting bit on Mozilla]

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Mar 11 20:51:44 WST 2003

> What I would like to know is what people are referring to when they
> strongly, but non-specifically, talk about innovation with Linux.

Got to say, I share your confusion. The development model is interesting
but not really innovative, its just really taken off recently. The OS
doesn't really do anything honestly innovative, just picks up features
others have done or small improvements etc. Sure, the end result is cool
- but it doesn't strike me as innovative.