[plug] Achtung! Knoppix

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Wed Mar 12 17:29:13 WST 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, quoth Sol:

> Perhaps it's just those funny pills I've been taking, but I'm presently
> installing Knoppix on my harddrive.....in German!

You downloaded the -DE .iso rather than the -EN .iso didn't you? :)

> Anyone know if vim has a Deutsche-English translation function for all those
> German configuration files?

You can go into the KDE control panel and change the language back to
English, which will display all the dialog boxes back to English
(providing you understand enough German to find your way around :)
I don't know about the Configuration files though

> Alternatively, has anyone had any experience installing Knoppix...in English?

Yes, by downloading the appropriate .iso ;)

 - Matt