[plug] Achtung! Knoppix

clare at cyllene.uwa.edu.au clare at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Wed Mar 12 18:15:42 WST 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Matt Kemner wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, quoth Sol:
>
> > Perhaps it's just those funny pills I've been taking, but I'm presently
> > installing Knoppix on my harddrive.....in German!
>
> You downloaded the -DE .iso rather than the -EN .iso didn't you? :)

Even with the En version you can strike problems.

But I have found the instructions.
They came from a site
http://www.freenet.org.nz/misc/knoppix-install.html
which is OK again, though the main page gives nothing useful.
The person who wrote it was  David McNab
david at freenet.org.nz

This is the relevant part:
After doing the reboot, click control center (icon of a colour monitor
with a card in front of it)Within control center click on
Personliche Einstellungen

Click on     Land und Sprache

Choose the locale and language you want

click on    Andwenden      at the bottom of that window

close and restart the control center

Click on Peripherals    then  Keyboard
and choose your keyboard layout which will probably be US english
click Ok

and I guess that last bit means it is now talking English.

cheers,
clare