[plug] Building a GUI app to generate a wordprocessed letter

J Michael Gilks gilksjm at iinet.net.au
Wed Mar 12 20:46:07 WST 2003

Sorry I took a while to reply here, but was just checking everything installs
and works as advertised.
To do this stuff simply, why not use odbc and OpenOffice.org.
For simple database maintenance and forms there is a nice GUI frontend, and
you could use mail merge to produce the output letter from a stored query.
A good introduction is available from OpenOffice.org
Unfortunately, as usual I have lost the URL I used to download it a couple of
days ago.
However I do have it as a PDF, 2MB, if you want to reply off list, I can send
it to you.
Love
Mike.