[plug] Mandrake 9 on XBOX

Mike Holland myk at plug.linux.org.au
Thu Mar 13 08:40:04 WST 2003

> 5 - A listing of commands for backing up the original XBOX installation
> files - just in case you might want to revert your system back to its

How hard is it to make the X-box dual-boot?
I imagine it would make a nice home entertainments system - games, CD
jukebox, DVD player, mpeg4 player, ...

Is it powerful enough to play mpeg4/divx recordings? Does mplayer work?
A more powerful PC with TV card could be used to record as a PVR, and
serve mpeg4 over ethernet.

> I know nothing about the XBOX - except who makes it - say no more.

Not many people know about Flextronics. You dont like them?

> It sounds like an excellent way to get a Linux capable computer up and
> running for a reasonable cost.

I wouldnt think of it as a "cheap" box. Given its speed, you could get a
used PC for less money and a lot less hassle.

--
Ask not for whom the telephone bell tolls...
if thou art in the bathtub, it tolls for thee.