[plug] Mandrake 9 on XBOX

Tim Bowden bowden at iinet.net.au
Thu Mar 13 09:06:33 WST 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 08:40, Mike Holland wrote:
> > 5 - A listing of commands for backing up the original XBOX installation
> > files - just in case you might want to revert your system back to its
>
> How hard is it to make the X-box dual-boot?
> I imagine it would make a nice home entertainments system - games, CD
> jukebox, DVD player, mpeg4 player, ...

Easy.  If you read the install instructions on the
http://www.ozxchip.com/ site you will see that there are jumpers to turn
the new bios on & off.  It also shows how to hook these jumpers up to a
toggle switch mounted on the case to do it as easy as... well, the flick
of a switch...  Said switches are also available from the site.  See the
order page for details...

As far as the dvd player is concerned, be wary- it doesn't much like
cd-r's and sometimes has problems with cd-rw's too.  It has been
manufactured such that it has a strong preference for 'factory pressed'
disks.

Tim Bowden