[plug] [link] a lawyer Switches

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sat Mar 15 14:38:37 WST 2003

> Hey, we can ask Intel to re-enable our Caches properly on our celeron
> CPUs - they're really just P3's that are hobbled... Or my P3 600B that
> should be a P3 800EB even...

Heh. The Celeron is a bit iffy. Its not that its unreasonable for Intel
to sell them as crippled P4s (actually I seem to remember that they've
often failed cache quality testing and had the faulty cache disabled),
but that doesn't change the fact that they're a crap CPU and the AMD
Duron is better in basically every way.

Of course, if anybody tells me that an IBM pSeries machine is "crap"
I'll gladly offer to take it off them, since they don't like it....

Craig