[plug] forcing RH's "up2date" to use a WAIX-accessable RH mirror

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sat Mar 15 14:56:44 WST 2003

> Use apt4rpm
>
> apt-rpm.tuxfamily.org
>
> it will bring back fond memories of one of the best things to come out
> of the debian project.

Great. Given that this is a server, though, is there any way of ensuring
that only packages from the main RH dist + errata are acquired, not 3rd
party / contrib packages? A bit like just using the debian mirror
archive and not using 3rd party sources.list entries.

Also, is there any way to use a local mirror like ftp.iinet.net.au with
apt4rpm?

This is the only aspect of RH that I /really/ dislike. There are
perfectly good mirrors out there, but the distro is designed to make
using them hard. I only wish I could put this box on Debian like the
rest of my network.

Craig